Comments

posted in: Boler | 131

Your thoughts, ideas and comments

131 Responses

1. IG

This section is for you to make comments, ask questions, share ideas…

• Nancy & Larry McMillan

I would like to pre-register for this event. We are coming from Vancouver Island. Cannot figure out how to do so.

• Judy Chin

I hope we can cross the border from the U.S. into Canada in the year 2018. Th U.S. is looking a little bleak these days.
      Looking forward to joining y’all (or “you guys”)!!!!!

• Ian

I would not be concerned Judy, we will welcome you with open arm into Canada

• Robert a Oren II

We will be fine.

• Barbara Dobree

Firming up plans now to attend this event in Winterpeg, August 15 – 22nd, 2018. Since I will be coming from Vancouver Island, and I want to see Eastern Canada as well, I have decided to head to Newfoundland Labrador in mid-May. Then return from the Maritimes to Winnipeg in time for the event in August.

Are there any fiberglass trailer groups (Boler or otherwise) that are planning to convoy from the East? I would be interested in joining for the trek. Any links to these groups would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Travelling in a 2004 Trillium Outback – 13 ft. towed by a Toyota Tacoma.

• Gord

Now that would be a cool trip! I would love to see Eastern Canada also. I really hope to be able to do it in the future.

• Linda

Hi Barbara, there will be caravans and suggested stop overs…more details to come…planning is happening!

• Carol and Paul

Hello Ian, we have registered a few months back, but unfortunately we won’t be able to join the caravan, would you please cancel our registration? I don’t know how,
      Thank you, we hope everyone has a lot of fun!!
      Carol and Paul Choquette,
      Mont St-Hilaire Qc Canada

• Ian

Sorry you can not make it, I have deleted your registration.

• Eric Li

Thanks Ian for all your works.
      Just wondering how to check if I have successfully registered for the event or not, and which days I have registered and other details…..because there are some people on the list
      have same first name like mine but not showing last name and they all come from same city, and they all have Boler…..
      Would you please advise? Thank you so much!

• Ian

Don’t worry Eric, the pre-registration was to identify what interest we had and from where. Very soon a reservation system will be launched where you can purchase event passes and guarantee a place for your trailer at the event.

• Phil & Margot Loucks - Ottawa

We have tried twice to register but still don’t see our names on the list. Are we doing something wrong or is the website not working?
      We have a 1982 Boler 17′

Thanks

• Ian

There seems to be a few problems with registering using certain devices, but please don’t worry. We will be launching the actual registration site very soon (on a different and professionally developed platform) where you can actually register for the event and book your site just like buying tickets to a concert.

2. astorgard

What an awesome idea. Can’t wait to take part!

3. Dave

Great ! Hope to have my reno work done by that time !

4. Larry Hovdestad

I hope to join the caravan to Winnipeg 2018 and will try to attend a few egg gatherings before that time…. In the mean time I will be restoring my 71 to it’s former glory…. See you soon…. Larry Hovdestad

• Abby

Hi Larry
      where are you travelling from?

5. Charlie & Renée

Ian, how can we ever thank you enough for leading this historic adventure! We hope to join in a little east of Vancouver.

6. Marty Smiltneek

I have had my egg for about 15 years. I have slowly fixed it up and am getting ready to use it a lot. This caravan is an awesome idea! If my health holds I will attempt to attend end to end east to west. My Boler is an American built in Wichita Falls 1972.

• Ian

That will be great if you are able to attend Marty

7. Lisa, Tommie and Buddy in SoFlo (for now)

I will look forward to attending. I think we’ll need a week to see them all. How about two weekends with the week in between? I will be fulltiming by then, hope you do this when it’s warm? I can’t wait to hear more about this!!

8. Sharon

I have a 1979 boler and I am really enthused about this celebration. Plus I haven’t been across Canada so I live in Halifax, NS and it would be a blast to do this. Yes! Thanks for the opportunity.

• Terry MacDonald

Sharon,,,i have a 1980 and just seeing this event and sounds pretty cool,,,i live in pictou county N S now this got me thinking to do this !!!

9. Vivian & Paul Parkin

If the health holds, we hope to try to join the caravan from Ontario to Winnipeg (I have family there). We took our antique car and boler across Canada in 2000 for the millenium “Coasters” tour and it was wonderful. We’ve also done the Earlton, Ontario run, and attended boler meets here in Ontario, Quebec and the maritimes. We are the organizers of EggFestOntario in Grafton, Ontario at the end of May and really enjoy meeting other Egg affictionados. Hope to see you in Manitoba in 2018.
    Vivian & Paul

10. Len

We’ve always wanted to be a part of a “Bolerama” type of event so this is right up our alley. We have pulled our Boler from the west coast to Winnipeg twice now and will look forward to this group excursion. Our family currently has three Bolers and a Trillium but it will be a Trillium crossing for us in 2018. So looking forward to this event! Please keep us posted!
    Len and Jill

11. corinne

yippee – can’t wait!

12. Robert a Oren II

Bob from. Kansas city is in just let him know

13. serge lacoursiere

qu elle date le rasemblement

14. Karen MacLean

Bert the Boler wants to play!

15. Deb Peebles

We are not a Boler but a proud Trillium owner. We can hardly wait to take part of this historical event. We will be traveling from the Interior of British Columbia. We heard about this event at the BC Glass Egg Event this past June. We have you on our calendar.

• Ian

Fantastic, all moulded fibreglass tow-able trailers are welcome

16. Anita Storgard

Any idea yet where the “muster point” will be in Winnipeg?

• Ian

We have a a major venue in Winnipeg for our event. We will release details as soon

17. Paul

We plan on driving from Newfoundland with our Boler for this. We can’t wait!

That is awesome Paul

18. corinne

I see you have “events along the way”. I am fairly certain I could sweet talk my brother in to allowing us to put on an event on his acreage just outside of Cochrane (Calgary)!

19. Carol and Paul

Our first experience in joining a Boler group. Hope everything goes well! We will join the caravan from Mont St-Hilaire Qc. See you all!!

20. Alice Fontaine

We attended our 1st PrairieEgg Gathering in Manitou Beach Sk. on July 17th 2016 after purchasing and renovating our boler a year prior to the event. We had a blast meeting everyone. What a great group of people. Fun Fun Fun. We also looking forward to next year’s gathering aswell aswell as the 2018 boler caravan to Winnipeg. Please send us info. as it comes available.

21. Nicole and Shaun Konkle

We can’t wait! My hubby and our good friends, even my mother and father in-law want to make the trek! You’ll have a large contingent from Vancouver Islands – Island Bolers and Friends Association going! It was all we could do to contain our excitement at our Fall meet just this past weekend as we all talked about how wonderful an opportunity this will be!

22. peter nuernberger

As my address in Wpg in 1968/9 was 711 Dufferin I first saw the Bolers in the outside storage yard while crossing the Arlington Street bridge ( factory was just to the s.w. side of Dufferin and Arlington. Owned and extensively toured a ’73 for years but now travel with a wonderful 17′ Escape. For this event will definitely try to borrow back the Boler and join in Victoria (live on Vancouver Island) for the eastward journey.

• Ian

That would be awesome Peter. We have a 1974 Boler and a 19′ Escape. What is that saying about great minds LOL

23. J.J. McColm

Should be a blast ! , anyone thinking of a route down From Edmonton ! possibly meet up in Regina ?

• Cheryl

I will be coming from Grande Prairie, it would be fantastic to convoy! If anyone further north is coming through GP, I could tag on and then we could pick up as we progress online the route! It would be great fun!!

24. Corrie Philip

I am looking forward to this event. Hoping to travel with others from Vancouver Island..I live in Victoria B.C and will be driving Solo.

• Len Levere

We will be happy to travel with you from Victoria. There will likely be others as well. It will be epic!

• Cheryl Taylor

My husband and I hope to attend Corrie, we are in Comox, we’ll have a cavalcade of Islanders leading the charge to Winnipeg and
      a watching out for each other and our wee trailers- so much fun!! Have you connected with Island Bolers and Friends yet-they hhave gatherings twice a year and are on Facebook.

• Barbara Dobree

Hi Cheryl,
        I’m also in Comox! Yes, I’ve been to the Island Bolers & Friends meets, just not this last one in the Fall. I have a 2004 Trillium Outback – one of the newer f.g. trailers in the group. Still lots of work to do on it after taking it on a 10,000 km journey to Inuvik, NWT, and back over 3 months last year. Punched a hole in one side on the front from rocks (I like going off-road !), rattled 3 of the 4 windows loose, damaged my propane lines underneath, and a few other minor issues. But I’d do it all again in a heartbeat. Tough little units.

So, I have some time to do the R & R before this trip. What type of trailer do you have? I don’t know any other owners in the Valley.

Convoy to Winnipeg, and beyond, hopefully for me. I, so far, will be travelling solo. Maybe we could get in touch somehow beforehand? You could send me a PM on my Facebook page under this name.

25. Valerie

I hope you make the boler documentary available to us at the Winnipeg Event. Have seen it at a couple of rallies, but never able to buy one. JJ Know what I am talking about. THANKS!

26. Theresa P

Knew this anniversary was fast approaching but wasn’t certain anyone had jumped on the organizing bandwagon….so glad to find this site and learn of this upcoming celebration. Dennis and I have registered and are coming from Moncton NB. Hi to Vivian and Paul Parkin!!! Hope this finds you well.
    We were considering making a circle tour with wintering across the southern US and spring-time travel up the west coast to try to coincide with the trek across country from Victoria. Will follow this blog to see if it is even going to be feasible. Otherwise, we’ll simply head west from home here in the Maritimes. Perhaps a caravan of Maritimers would be fun….

27. Barbara Dobree

I’m in. Heard about this in June at the Island Bolers meet in Nanaimo, B.C. It seemed that there were quite a few people who wanted to join in. And a few that wanted to continue on East to Nfld.

Anyone else on here interested in going East from Winnipeg?

With the event being held Aug. 15 – 21st it makes it late for continuing on East and then returning back to the West coast. Of course there’s the option of dropping down through the States where the weather is usually better in the Fall. All food for thought.

• Donna

I might be interested in the eastward continuation as I’m just starting in Regina. Be great go keep rolling.

28. Des Nolan

“L’EGGO” will be age 41 and we’ll be double that. We’ve visited 177 Dufferin Street before, and if everything holds together we’ll be back to YWG in 2018. (Hello old friends that we see already registered). :^) Des and Diane

29. Lenna & Roy Kenny

Am so looking forward to joining this caravan from west to east!

30. lew & wendy

We live in south western Ontario and would like to join the group and travel/camp with fiberglass campers for a portion of the trek. Not sure what portion we would hook up with but I guess we have time to sort that out. We have been to Macklin SK once and take in three meets in Ontario each year. Looking forward to meeting kindred spirits.

31. Robert a Oren II

any chance dates will be set up by November 2017 . I have to schedule vacations by then.
    thanks 1972 Boler owner ..

• Ian

Yes I should have dates confirmed a year in advance

32. Barbara Dobree

Ian,
    Tried to register several times but I get an error message. I think others might be having this problem too??
    Thanks for doing all this for the caravan.

Hi Barb
      Thanks for the info, if anyone receives an error message please let me know what the error is
      I checked your registration Barb and you registered back on October 5, once registered the system will show an error when a duplicate email is detected

33. Nancy McMillan

yes, I sent a msg a few days ago. I am on Vancouver Island.

34. OneProudeIslander

As you can see from my email I am the real ProudeCanadian from Prince Edward Island but I sure do like your web page title LoL
    Sure would love to take part in this but time will tell. I know my 1967 Vanguard Truck Camper is not a Boler but thought I might borrow one for the trip in order to take part.. In the mean time, would you please spread the word for this [email protected] that the Maritime Vintage and Fiberglass Meet is happening on the 4th,5th and 6th of August 2017 in Abrams Village PEI. Many thanks to you all, and I am going to be thinking hard about taking part in this great event thatyou are going to have happening in Winnipeg.

35. OneProudeIslander

To one Proud- Canadian from [email protected]. Karl Proude Host of The 12th Annual Maritime Vintage and Fiberglass Camper Meet in Abrams Village PEI August 4th,5th and 6th 2017. What a great idea and how hard am I thinking about trying to make this event,like 99% of the time. But will I be able to take my 1967 Vanguard Truck Camper.I know I will have to borrow a Boler. I am cool with that. Wishing you all the best on your event and I know it will be a blast.
    Karl Proude PEI Canada

• Ian

As a Proud Canadian 🙂 I look forward to you and a bunch of the Islanders joining us for the event.
      Please make sure you pre-register so we get an good idea who would like to come.

36. Sooverooo

Just registered. What a FANTASTIC idea! I am hoping to make it but wondering if you have any idea as to timing? Have family coming from Europe that summer (July) so want to make sure these two events don’t collide.

• Ian

Timing should work great for you as the 50th anniversary event will be in August 2018

37. Donna Campbell

Hi Ian I thought I pre-registered on November 14 but not seeing my name on list. Tried again today (a couple of times) and it just bounces back to top of pre-registration page. I received an email in November re: Confirm your subscription for Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 which I did.

Hi Donna, I see you are on the registration list now 🙂

38. Paul & Vivian Parkin

A rough tally looks like you are already up over 250 registrants. What’s your limit?

• Ian

Yes we currently have over 260 trailers registered, I am anticipating we could have close to 1000 attend.
      We have lots of room, our venue is the Red River Exhibition Park

39. Robert a Oren II

I will be driving up for my 50th birthday with my 1972 Boler made here in Wichita KS . Just happens to be the same week !!

• Ian

That is excellent, what a party we will have

40. Elizabeth Erickson

Hello! i do not own a Boler, though i was really trying hard to find a Boler or an old Scamp before i bought my 2014 Scamp. I am planning on coming down from Wasilla, Alaska.. Will anyone else be traveling from that direction? Also, will pets be allowed? I have two small 5 lbs terriers an a 25-30 lb blue heeler mix.. Very excited to see so many trailers and meet new people!

• Ian

Hi Elizabeth, Love for you to join in, currently there is one other registered in Alaska from Anchorage. Pets are allowed but there will be a leash required.

41. Carol and Paul

Hello! We just registered and wondering when the list will be updated? Thanks, Carol and Paul from Mont St-Hilaire, Qc.

• Ian

Hi Carol & Paul. The website participant list updates automatically in real time, Usually just takes a minute, then if you refresh your browser the list will update. The list is alphbetical by city, I check and you are there 🙂 Thanks for registering.

42. Teresa Mell

Hi Ian! We signed up for pre-registration and got the email confirmation, but we aren’t showing up on the participants list! We have a 1974 Boler and are very much looking forward to joining (hopefully picking up with the caravan from the eastern US).

• Ian

Welcome and don’t worry, your registration is there, Just takes a few minutes for the server to clear the cache.
      Just refresh your browser and scroll down to “Fort Wayne” in the city column

43. Robert a Oren II

Has anyone reached out to Canadian Tire about becoming a major sponsor ?

• Ian

Hello Robert Thank you for the suggestion. Yes I have reached out several times to both Canadian Tire and their primary charity (which proceeds from this event could support) and like most of the dozens of contacts I have made there has not been any responses.

44. Hello,
    I have registered twice for the event, but my city still does not appear in the list of Cities represented, so I am unsure if my registration has gone through. Is there a way to confirm please? Thanks so much! – Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

Welcome, Yes your registration is there, it can take a short time for the server to refresh to display you registration on the list. If you either refresh and reload the page or close your browser and reopen it you will find your name 🙂

Ian

45. Dani Manning Foster

We have been looking for a Boler, Trillium, Scamp, Casita for 4 years to purchase! We’ve just Retired and would love a trip like this and we also drive from Wasington State to Wisconsin every year to see Grandbabies! Our 35 foot Winnebago Adventurer just would be too too out of place but the potty and shower would be handy! LOL. How does one purchase one?

Hello Dani
      There are 2 options to become a moulded fibreglass trailer owner. First is the used market, even though these trailers have been made for many years their availability is limited, this means when one comes up on the used market it sells for a relatively high price and will sell quickly. You also will probably have to do some repairs on a used trailer, the great thing about moulded fibreglass trailers is that anything that goes wrong can be repaired, although the time and cost depends on your talents and skill.

Some good classified sites for used trailers is:
      – Fibreglass RV Forum Classified http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f53/
      – Fiberglass RV’s For Sale http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/

The second option is to buy new, this has the benefit of you being able to get exactly the options and floor plan you want, the down side is the price and often there is a long waiting list for delivery. All fibreglass trailers are sold out of the manufacturers facility, the production costs of these are higher than standard trailers so to keep the price competitive they have to eliminate the “middle man” or dealer.

Manufacturers of moulded fibreglass trailers include:
      – Escape http://escapetrailer.com/
      – Happier Camper HC1 https://happiercamper.com/
      – Armadillo https://www.armadillotrailers.net/
      – Scamp http://www.scamptrailers.com/
      – Casita http://casitatraveltrailers.com/

A great option for you would be to attend a local fibreglass RV Gathering, most are well attended and there you can see first hand the different models and talk with the owners.
      Here is a comprehensive map of gatherings https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?ll=31.24240521268052%2C-119.57887542619619&z=3&mid=11OgnZvHEyfQ-ixF2m4ctS1Y8Yko

I hope this helps and good luck with your search

46. Arleigh Garratt

It would be amazing to book downtown Revelstoke for a “show and shine” day for those travelling through here. Please let me know how i could help with this. I would need a date to suggest to the city.
    thanks! Arleigh

Thanks Arleigh.
      We will be looking for help very soon and your idea sounds great

• Shari McDowell

That sounds like a great idea! A couple of us from Kelowna, will be joining the caravan in Revelstoke. I believe the proposed date would be Saturday 11th.

• Linda

That sounds like a great idea! I am in Kamloops and will be going to the 50th…so excited

47. Barrie Ballantyne

Ian. We found ours in cottage country two years ago where it had been used as a spare room for overflow on the weekends. I know there are a few more around our lake still used for that purpose, ours had not been moved for years. Barrie B.

Great story and find Barrie

48. Jenny

Eastman Tourism is one of six rural tourism associations in Manitoba. If participants are not interested in exploring Winnipeg we would be happy to tell them where to go, things to do and see and places to eat in Eastern Manitoba. Visit http://www.eastmantourism.ca for more information or email us at [email protected] for a copy of our visitor guide and other information to include in your registration package.
    What an exciting event for Manitoba! Makes me want to get a Boler now. Happy trails!

49. Brian Keith (BK)

Hi Ian, sorry to be a bug. I have read the posts about our names on the list and needing a few minutes to refresh. I don’t think I received a confirmation email when I preregistered and when I look at the list I see a couple of Brian’s from Winnipeg. Any way of knowing for sure without seeing our last names? (I actually don’t even remember which email I used)
    Because I’m from Winnipeg already, I am thinking of driving out to maybe Thunderbay to get in on one of the convoys for the ride back to Winnipeg. I think that would be an amazing experience!!

50. Vivian Layne-Parkin

Hi Ian: Merle McKever is thinking of having a rally in 2018 maybe to co-ordinate with your tourers. She is looking into Mcrae Provincial Park here in Ontario. I have sent her your contact and your date so you will probably hear from her.
    Sorry we are not up to making it next year. I realized after getting home today from EggFest that a simple weekend just an hour from home has completely worn me out. Good luck on your venture.

51. lew & wendy

We have been thinking about the Boler Anniversary next year, trying to see how we could merge with campers coming from the east coast on the way to Winnipeg. We live in southwestern Ontario and can’t envision travelling to northern Ontario at that time. I was wondering if there were a number of fiberglass units planning to take a more southerly route, perhaps travelling partway through the states. If so, do you think a meet and greet in our area with a “window“ of 4 to 5 days might be useful. There are conservation areas around here which offer group camping that might be suitable.

• Jules Stephens

Hi Lew and Wendy. I’m in Waterdown (north of Hamilton). Yes the proposed northerly (from Montreal) route is way too far north for me. I’ve left a comment on perhaps a secondary group of us going through Perry Sound – Sudbury and around Superior. We’ll wait to see what they have to say.

• Jules Stephens

I just looked at the interative map – I get what you’re saying. There are a bunch of southern Ontario folks that could travel through western Ontario, into the States and up to the Sault. Tag up with the mid-Ontario folks and travel over Superior together. Hmmmm … makes for an interesting discussion and definitely fun trip!

52. Arena & russell

We love our bolar everyone comes up to us and comments on the truck and trailer combination we are starting to discuss next year’s 50 but can’t commit YET would love to get some 50 year logos stickers or the shirts or other how can we I’m in spry bay halifax ns

53. Shari McDowell